Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Because I'm Cool

I was being kicked out of a classroom project group by its leader. The girl who lead the group was very 'dorky'(?) I guess: timid, short, thick rimmed glasses, stocky, blonde, and a very square face.

I felt this was very unjust and confronted her. She told me she did it because she hates me because "I'm the coolest kid in class." I laughed in her face and said she must be mistaken. I stated that a majority of the class probably hated my guts too, but for a variety of very different reasons and definitely not that one. I said if anyone hated me I hoped it was because I called them on their bullshit and wouldn't back down. I was comfortable with that, but being hated for stuff I didn't do or couldn't control was uncomfortable.

She wouldn't back down, and was definitely power tripping in her moment of triumph. I realized she must have hated me for a very long time. I felt slightly flattered at my ability to instill such strong feelings in a person. I had the notion I had never really given her any thought. I didn't argue with her any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment