Friday, May 20, 2011

The Black Lake

Sometimes when I am having a difficult time sleeping I close my eyes and imaging I am on a small boat, floating on a lake. It is usually a bright gray sky and the lake is blue or gray. It is nice and I can feel my body rocking back and forth.

Last night I was floating in my boat, and things were different than normal. I was on the edge of the lake, and there was a small cabin behind me with an orange dock light. Two other people were waiting for my row boat. The water was black and still. The first laid down in the boat and floated out over the lake. The water never moved. They floated away from the light and after a short time the boat came back empty.

I then got into the boat, knowing I normally sleep in the boat. I sat in the back of the row boat and floated out onto the lake. The black water still didn't move. I could see the light getting smaller and the silhouette of the last person standing on the edge of the lake waiting for my sleeping boat. I looked forward and a silent black wave was waiting to overcome me. The person on the shore could not see me. The dream ended before I touched the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment